Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Keep It Simple And Real

I'm focusing my photos of the day this month on the most important elements of Ian's life. The things that I believe will show up on his 24 Images List when he is older.

I work hard on getting artsy, appealing shots for my POTD. This month I'm just going to keep it simple and real. The parts and pieces that make up his day to day.

For today, Ian and his uncle. Hanging out outside his preschool, waiting for Shea to return with his karate pants. Playing a game on the iPhone. Enjoying each other's company. I love the snapshot like look of it. I love all of the details we'll point out in 20 years.

26mm | ISO 400 | f/4.0 | ss 1/320

Did you notice Ian's shoes? That is classic 4 year old. I love seeing these two together.

4 comments:

Esther Andrews said...

OK, I'm sweating it out here... WHAT WAS the photo on the 31st, then?!!
Love Ian's shoes!
And yes, I struggle all the time between artsy shots vs everyday vs shots that mean something to my children (leaving a legacy and all that) vs personal/self indulgent photography!

Terry said...

love those shoes!! Classic!

Teri said...

Love the shot Katrina.

Myra said...

Love that Ian is dressing himself. Hope they're playing Doodlejump.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails