Thursday, June 17, 2010

Behind The Lens: Jennifer DeLorenzo

I'd like you to meet my friend Jen! She is a talented photographer who also happens to be the great home Bear came from!  I loved spending time with her and her adorable family over spring break. 

Jennifer is a talented photographer who was well on her way to being amazing before we met.  I hope you enjoy her photos as much as I do. Notice her smile? Completely genuine. 



What sparked your interest in photography?
Well, that started around my 9th birthday party when I was given my first camera.  I went through a lot of film back then.  Then I took a black and white photography class in college as an elective… I was hooked.  When my kids came it became an obsession.  Unfortunate events lead me to consider photography as a profession.  I am so glad that a road was presented that I may not have considered otherwise.


What camera do you use? 
I have a Canon 50D and a 40D as my backup.  I long for a full frame sensor so I hope that is a purchase that I will be able to make in the near future.

What is your favorite lens?
That is a tie between my 24-70mm 2.8 and my 50mm 1.2.   Canon L series lens are amazing to work with!  I hope to one day own the 70-200mm 2.8!

What makes you happiest about your photography?
I love downloading my files and finding something unexpected.  I also love having the ability to create a completely different mood just by changing the perspective or lighting.


What have you learned that helped your photography the most? 
I think becoming comfortable with my camera and its settings was key.  The creative side of photography I love, but the technical side I had to learn to love.  Understanding the relationship between Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO changed my photography completely.


What are your photography goals for 2010?  
I really want the use of my camera to become second nature.  I still get nervous before a shoot and I doubt myself all the time.  So, I just intend on practicing like crazy. 

You can see more of Jennifer's great photography on her blog. Make sure you stop by to see her adorable family!

************************************


Have I helped you with a classebook, or tutorial? Would you like to be featured Behind The Lens? Send me an email at katrina at katrinakennedy dot com.

2 comments:

Kristin Rutten said...

Love this Katrina!! So fun to get to know Jen better with the help of someone fortunate enough to meet her IRL! Someday I plan to join that club... :)

mugsbigsis said...

What a wonderful interview with Jennifer. She is such a genuine person and it was fun getting to know a little more about how her art came to be. :O)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails