Thursday, January 28, 2010

Should This Be My Photo Of The Day?


50mm | ISO 1000 | f/2.8 | ss 1/1000


I could number the flaws in this photo -- focus,  ISO too high, and on and on. I selected it for a very simple reason. THIS is our life. This is the crazy running, monster games played when preschoolers are released to the playground, precisely the moment we arrive for Ian. This is what happens when the girls see Shea, KNOWING he'll run with them, play with them, and talk to them. This is MY SON with his blanket in hand running to keep up with dad, matching his stride. You can feel the smiles on their faces, even if you can't see them. 

So many reasons not to be a photo of the day, but so many more important reasons to treasure this photo for a very long time.

Do you have photos that shouldn't be your photos of the day, but you can't refuse? Link us up!

6 comments:

Heather said...

this is a perfect p.o.d if only because it shouts out FUN!!

Carol said...

You know Katrina, photos don't always have to be art, but they do need to tell a story. And this one does. Don't fret. This is your life, so it's perfect.

Melissa said...

It never ceases to amaze me how much perspective matters... you might have intended the focus to be on your family, whereas another person (me) could have totally believed that you had intended the focus to be on the empty, neglected slide as the family hurries away. I agree with Carol... not every photo has to be perfect, but they are always perfect if they tell a story. Love you work... keep it up. :)

Myra said...

Do I ever! Thank you for validating perfect imperfection! I love this shot!

Teri said...

Oh man, I love this. Thanks! One of those photos you talk about is coming to my blog today:)

Anonymous said...

Oh I can just hear him laugh and I can feel the smiles..
Love U

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails