Sunday, January 24, 2010

Don't Be Fooled By Bad Light!


50mm | ISO 800 | f/2.2 | ss 1/60


The chopped veggies ready to go in the oven for roasting, looked too good to pass up. My husband set the pan down on the stove, turned the overhead light on and said, shoot.

I said, no, bad idea. Sure, the light bulb provides light we can see by. But it is ugly light. Not natural. Funky color cast. No good.

I pointed to the laundry room. He got a nervous, "are you telling me to do the wash" look.

Set it on the washing machine, I said.

I was eyeing the side light from the window. Natural light even on a grey day. Enough to get my shutter speed fast enough without bumping my ISO too high.

Captured. The laundry? Still left for him to do tomorrow. For the record, he knows better than using bad light, silly boy.

Do you have an unusual spot where you find the best light?

3 comments:

Esther Andrews said...

The best lighting is always at the kitchen sink! Big window but rarely direct sun.

EPScrapper said...

great photo. love the light and the look of the salad, yum. just found your blog, I am new at blogging and really like your pictures. thanks for all the added info, I should try it as well.

amson said...

This is just wonderful. I would so love to be able to take food photos.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails