Friday, January 29, 2010

A Clean Approach To My Photo of the Day

I had a few photos chosen for today. One was cute with a funny story, the kind my mom comes to the blog for. One was more artsy with a story, the kind I like to capture.

But then...

I was cleaning my cupboards. Determined to rearrange. Put the spices where the baking supplies were, baking supplies where the spices were. I was throwing out old things. Expired things. Empty things. How do those get back in the cupboard? Consolidating duplicates.

Then I discovered my photo of the day. It was stuck in the back of the cupboard. Half full. The expiration date? January 2005!

50mm | ISO 400 | f/2.5 | 1/80

When did I get so old that I have a 5 year old box of baking soda? Really? 5 years old? I've moved since then. I've had a child in that time. I've cleaned my cupboards. I've rearranged. Seriously? 5 years old? I photographed it. Just to remind myself. I'm blaming the child!

************************
Want to hide the clutter in your background? Use a wide aperture (small f/ number) and leave some distance between your subject and the background. If you are shooting in auto modes, you can try your portrait or macro modes to blur the background.

Any thing in your cupboards worth documenting?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I probably have things in my cupboards older than you. maybe i should get inspired and clean them out. maybe not. mumzy is coming saturday. can't wait. maybe aunt billie too. it will be a good day.

Anonymous said...

I don't have things in my cupboard that old, just me lol. baking soda should be discarded after a couple of months.. love u lots Mom..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails