Saturday, August 01, 2009

Snapshot Saturday 8/1

Saturday is a perfect day for a snapshot or two! Over at Get It Scrapped we are hosting a month of blog challenges! I get to kick it off with Snapshot Saturday! Each Saturday I'll post a prompt for a challenge for you to follow! I can't wait to see what you come up with.

So here goes! A blog just isn't the same if you don't dress it up with a few photos! In fact some days a post with photos is all you need to tell a great story. My friend Mel, aka Britgirl, does a beautiful job letting photos guide you through her posts. I also love picture blogs like my friend Teri's. Entirely photos with just a little caption. Her photos are gorgeous and as soon as Ian is old enough I'm sending him to her house for the summer!

Do you get stuck wondering what to capture?  You are surrounded by opportunity! People who visit your blog want to see your life. What makes you uniquely you. Your photos don't have to be perfect. Just yours. So how about a scavenger hunt for a little inspiration?

Show us
  1. Something you love
  2. Something yellow
  3. Something from above
Three photos or just one if you want to get creative! Don't worry over settings*. Shoot away. Capture it. Post it to your blog and link me up in the comments! Next Saturday I'll post my favorites here along with the next Saturday Snapshot.

*And if you are worried about settings, remember good light always makes photos better. Find a window with light streaming through it and place your subject in front of it. Go outside into open shade or wait until late afternoon or early morning when the sun isn't directly above you.

And my photos...

You can click on the titles to see the settings I've used. You can also get more inspiration in the Designer Digitals Picture A Day Group at Flickr. A fun group with great support!

Don't forget to link me up!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

is the little mummy wrapped in T paper? love it.
mom

Tamarra said...

Fantastic! what the heck is that purple stuff????

Katrina Kennedy said...

Yep, he's wrapped in toilet paper! Only the best :-) And then we reused it...gross!

And Tami, that is homemade vegan boysenberry ice cream with freshly picked boysenberries! The recipe is from Veganomicon, one of the best vegan cookbooks EVER!

Linda said...

Wow, what a cool idea for a blog starter. I am going to go find my 3 things and try to put them on my blog. But for some reason my photos always drop on their side when I post them to my blog. Anyone know why??

Katrina Kennedy said...

Linda are your photos portrait or landscape when you upload them? I've never had that happen but am wondering if your computer is showing them rotated when the actual photo hasn't been rotated, so they "drop" when you upload to blogger? KWIM? Try rotating in Photoshop if you've got it and then uploading.

Amie said...

Great Challenge Katrina! Here are mine.

Amy Kingsford said...

wow these photos are amazing...as always I am in awe of your talent!

mollie said...

This is going to be fun Katrina! I've started a blog (of sorts) and have posted mine too. Thanks for the good prompts today!

Amy L said...

Will get right on this!

Anke said...

It all looks really good, the mummy picture is the sweetest and the icecream is just yummy. Gorgeous colors!

Teri said...

Hey Katrina, thanks for mentioning in your post and my poor neglected blog. Behind on my posts, but still taking pictures every day.

see me said...

Loved Saturday's prompt looking forward to this week's

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails